What are best IR Practices being followed to maintain Industrial Harmony. Please share your experience or you have come across. Please let us have the same shared in bullet points.
· Canteen Advisory Committee:
o Review the Complaints and provide possible solutions.
o Periodically ,Change the Menu patterns as recommended by CAC
· Employee Grievance Handling:
· Hear the complaints
· Conduct preliminary Enquiry without any delay.
· Inform the proposed/action taken against the complaint.
· Don't give any commitments unless approved by Management.
· Record minutes of meeting on sensitive issues.
· Don't try to implement any change by notice without discussion.
· Don't issue any order of suspension unless the situation warrants.
· Explain well the acts which results
· Be willing to “listen” and provide “psychological air.” especially to the younger work force.
· Keep looking for third alternatives through openness and dialogue.
· Believe in the power of win-win solutions rather than win-lose conflicts.
· Always remember to keep channels of communication open, especially during periods of confrontation / strife.
· Avoid taking positions that are “irreversible”
· Believe in ourselves - That we can bring about large change by working on many small changes
· Understand what is happening inside the factory.
· Walk through the shop floor daily in morning and evening.
· Have a smile greet few people
· Be Approachable – Should they come forward please listen to them
· Address the issues then and there- what is ever possible.
· Give them and appreciate them for good things they have done in front of all
· Call them separately and talk to them incase of mistakes not in front of everybody.
· Be clear with the data’s at least basic one’s – This helps you to explain.
· Recognize the efforts – Show the top management of their good deeds.
· You can have line wise meetings during tea break along with line in charges.
· Don’t blame them for non performance instead discuss how the missed targets can be made up.
· Show them the respect and make them they are important.
· Build a strong network inside the shop floor. This helps you to get lot of information.
· Create good rapport with Shop floor members.
· You Should be an example not just an advisor. People look at you.
· Be Patient, Good Listener. Do not jump to conclusions.
· Have the guts to say No- At the same time explain them why you said no.
· Have Personal Involvement and do not Just Delegate things.
· Give Feedback- This builds trust.
· Gain Respect not demand respect. We are People’s Person and feeling and emotions are same but at different level.
· Be physically present at the Entrance, start of the shift and close of the Shift.
· Observe the body language and tone of employees, what they discuss.
· Do not react, listen and plan strategies.
· Fair approach
· Collective decision making
· Adherence to statutory welfare measures.
· Sense the reactions and responses in a right manner
· Establish right HR practices including performance appraisal
· Right redressal mechanism
Courtesty- Arghaa Academy of IR- Whatsapp group contributions by members