Interview Questions and Answers Part V
Why do you want to work for us?
-Start by discussing the profile you have applied for and go on to say that the organization would provide an opportunity to enhance your knowledge and help you to grow professionally
-Discuss how you would be of use to the organization and how you plan to develop your professional competencies
Are you willing to relocate/travel?
- Always say yes if you need the job
- You can ask whether they will compensate for relocation costs
Are you a good team player?
Companies look for team players as well as those who are self starters and can work independently, so you need to be versatile:
-You should show that you enjoy working in a team. Say that you are open to suggestions from team members and seniors.
-It is always good to work in a team as one can get the support of other members and in times of crisis everyone can work together to achieve the goal.
Can you work independently?
- Yes, I can work independently without supervision or support from a team
- Do not emphasize on working independently as that will be seen as an inability to work with others.
Do you have any questions for us?
Always have a question ready to answer this one:
- You can ask whether the company allows for lateral and vertical role changes
- You can also ask whether the company encourages learning and development of employees
- Ask whether the company has plans for expansion
- You can also discuss your role in detail
Are you willing to work for long hours, if the project demands that from you?
- Discuss situations when you must have done so to fulfill project requirements in the past
What is your current CTC and what are your expectations?
- Be honest about your CTC, as you will have to produce you salary slip as a proof of employment
- Be realistic when you state your expected CTC, you can ask for a 30-40% hike
- If you are underpaid at your current company you can look for the standard salary paid for the experience you have and ask for that amount
Are you planning to go for further studies?
Be transparent in your answer.
- If you are pursuing further studies, say so. Tell them why you want to go for that course
- If you are taking up a distance education course or a part time course, they should know, as you will need to take leaves when you appear for exams
Discuss your five characteristics.
List down points that will help you professionally:
- Hard working
- Multi tasker
- Add your characteristics
Tell us something about your hobbies.
Answer it with honesty, as they can go deeper into this discussion. You can include:
- Browsing the internet
- Listening to music,
- Chatting with friends,
- Reading newspapers,
- Reading books,
- Watching movies….
What is more important to you money or success?
This is tricky question, as money and success both are important and you cannot outweigh the importance of one over the other. Personally you might prefer money over success or success over money, but it is better to be neutral when answering this question in an interview:
You can say, that money and success both are important for you, but if you have to choose you would choose success. The reason being, if one is successful money often follows and you need not focus on money over success..